Status: Nothing significant remains
The little-known Mission Nuestra Señora de la Luz was established in 1756 on the east bank of the Trinity River, near the site of present-day Wallisville. The original mission was destroyed by the Karankawa natives, and relocated farther North. Sickness and Indian attacks caused the mission to be relocated much farther North on the Trinity River 40 miles south of Dallas
The mission was moderately successful in its new location, until 1766, when a hurricane leveled the mission.
The mission was shut down in 1772 as part of a general pull-back.