Status: Archeological site (not open to the public)
The mission was established, 4 miles west of La Bahia, in November 1754 by Father Juan de Dios Camberos to minister to the Karankawan tribes. The mission developed a large ranching system, but in 1781 the livestock was transferred to Mission Nuestra Señora del Espíritu Santo de Zúñiga.
The mission was closed in 1831.
Site of Mission
Nuestra Señora del Rosario
Established in 1754 for the Cujane Nation.
Here faithful Franciscan missionaries attempted to Christianize and civilize the Indians of the region until 1794.
Erected by the State of Texas (1936)