Status: Nothing significant remains
Location: 2½ miles north of present Cushing
Mission San José de los Nazonis was founded in 1716 by the Domingo Ramón expedition, among the Nasoni Indians.
The mission was abandoned in 1719 because of French incursions from Louisiana. It was restored in 1721.
In 1731, the mission was moved to the San Antonio River, where it was reestablished as Mission San Juan Capistrano.